Customer Experience Manager-PT evenings
Store - Clarksburg, WV
For nearly 50 years, Michaels has been the destination where Makers get inspired, learn, shop, and create. We strive to cultivate an inclusive shopping environment for all Makers and work environment for all Team Members, providing a place of belonging and empowering everyone to bring their creative dreams to life. At Michaels, every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is passionate about leaving the world a better, more creative place by contributing to every “make”.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.Deliver a customer centric shopping experience by managing and delivering effective front-end operations and expectations. Lead the omnichannel processes. Maintain store recovery standards to deliver our Brand Promises. Deliver friendly customer service.
- Assist Store Manager in leading and managing adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and requirements; ensure execution of Company policies and standards; hold them accountable for store conditions and results
- Ensure all front end policies and procedures are followed; achieve your KPIs and manage your team to achieve their role KPIs
- Plan and lead the execution of class and in-store events in accordance with Company programs
- Lead the omnichannel processes
- Manage and execute shrink and safety programs
- Assist with cash reconciliation and bank deposits
- Assist with inventory processes to include Return to Vendor (RTV) and Advance Shipping Notice (ASN) activities as needed
- Assist with the onboarding of new Team Members
- Train, observe, and coach the customer experience team (sales floor and cashier) to achieve results; participate in the performance management process; support Talent Development of your team; utilize the leadership competencies for continued self-development
- Serve as Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image; and serves as a role model for others
- Acknowledge customers, help locate the product and provide solutions
- Participate in the truck unloading and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Manage and execute the shrink and safety programs
- Cross train in Custom Framing selling and production
- In select stores that do not have a Framing Manager only, responsibilities also include: leading the delivery of high-quality custom framing solutions to our customers on time by planning and managing the completion of the framing workload in partnership with the Store Manager
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Type of experience the job requires:
- Retail management experience preferred
- Ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- Ability to move throughout the store
- Regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching, and stretching
- Lifting heavy boxes and accessing high shelves by ladder or similar equipment
- If you need help performing these essential functions of the job, please contact your supervisor so that we may engage in the interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation is available.
- Public retail store setting taking care of our customers; all public areas are climate controlled; some stock rooms may not be climate controlled; some outdoor work if assigned to retrieve shopping carts or while unloading trucks; Frame shop contains glass cutter and heat press; work hours include nights, weekends and early mornings
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels Benefits
CA, CO, CT, WA, RI and select New York cities only - To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CA, CO, CT, WA, RI, and select New York cities only.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).